Dust off those denims ‘n boots. Bangalow BBQ & Bluegrass Festival is celebrating its third annual not-for-profit community event, with authentic local food, music and old-time entertainment in the heart of Byron Bay hinterland, Friday 19 and Saturday 20 August.
An Old Time Variety Show (MA15+) kicks-off on Friday night at the Bangalow A&I Hall from 6-10pm, followed by a stellar Saturday line-up of Bluegrass musicians, a BBQ cook-off, a Pickers competition and family friendly entertainment at the Bangalow Showgrounds.
- BBQ Cook-Off – $1,500 first prize in this Australasian BBQ Alliance-accredited competition. This will see amateurs, chefs and professionals competing for their chance to win.
- A Pickers Comp – $250 first prize for pickers of the guitar, banjo, mandolin, or fiddle.
- Games for the Kids – $2 each hosted by local schools to assist in raising money to fund arts in schools programs.
The Saturday Bluegrass line-up features:
- Bluegrass 5 piece The Stetson Family who’s high lonesome country-folk, reached US chart status with ‘tales of love gone wrong, snake-handling preachers and wandering down life’s crooked highway’.
- Known for their breezy, sunshine-filled hillbilly harmonies of death, and for their strong
affiliation to public radio, firearms and printing, The Cartridge Family bring their three-part
harmonies and two-part jokes to town.
- Kick yer shoes off, put yer hoe down, & hang on to yer britches with 2016 Golden Guitar
Nominees for Bluegrass single of the year The Hillbilly Goats.
Thirsty? Six local craft beers on tap, and wine, including: Stone & Wood Pacific and Garden Ale, Beard & Brau Red Tail Amber Ale and Margot Pale Ale, Moonshine Coffee Cherry Ale, and Top Shed Cream Ale.
So hoot ‘n scoot on down to Bangalow for a weekend of stellar music and sheer good ‘ole fashioned fun.
Tickets on sale now at Eventbrite *
Earlybird – to 18 Aug At Gate
Adult Sat Only $58 Adult Sat Only $68
Family Sat Only $78 Family Sat Only $88
Variety Show (Friday) $50 Variety Show (Friday) $50
Adult 2 Day $78 Adult 2 Day $88
Family 2 Day $148 Family 2 Day $158
* Eventbrite booking fee applies. Children under 18 Free. Food available for purchase $10 per tasting plate.