Following Splendour in the Grass 2013, the inaugural event held on the North Byron Parklands 660 acre site, the venue has reached out to the local community to say thanks.
While attendees at the 25,000 strong festival have applauded the event, North Byron Parklands’ General Manager Mat Morris has acknowledged some teething problems.
“We are listening to feedback and will work to ensure that these are addressed” he said.
“The success of this first event was made possible with the help of the wider community. In particular North Byron Parklands would like to sincerely thank:
- The residents of Jones Road, Yelgun Road, Wooyung Road, Billinudgel Road and all other immediate neighbours. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding;
- The community in the north of the Byron Shire;
- The hundreds of local volunteers who worked to make the event a success;
- The local businesses who embraced event patrons, making them feel welcome and providing assistance and directions where possible;
- The wider Byron Shire business community who provided goods and services to both the venue and the event;
- The Rural Fire Service volunteers who worked tirelessly;
- The wildlife rescue team, our team of ecologists, the eco cops, green chiefs and green team who commendably covered our environmental bases; and
- NSW Police, Byron Shire Council and other regulatory authorities.
The next event at North Byron Parklands will be The Falls Festival Byron, being held from December 31. For more information including first dibs for locals head to www.fallsfestival.com