Come and connect with local culture, history and nature during the National Parks and Wildlife Service’s 50th Anniversary! Sunday 8 October 2017, 6am–3.30pm.
Join in celebrating our local national parks: Arakwal, Cape Byron, Broken Head, Tyagarah, Brunswick Heads and Julian Rocks Nguthungulli.
You are invited to celebrate this golden milestone at the Cape Byron Lighthouse with a range of free activities throughout the day.
From 5.30am there will be a free bus running to and from the Cape Byron Lighthouse from Lighthouse Road adjacent to Clarkes Beach carpark. The Lighthouse carpark and road will be closed to vehicle access during the event.
THINGS TO SEE AND DO
- Arakwal Welcome and then sunrise yoga class at 6:30am by Flo Fenton. Please BYO yoga mat and towel/blanket.
- Breakfast is available for purchase at the Lighthouse Café from 6am, BBQ at 8am, morning tea at 10am and normal menu from 12pm including lunch, coffee and famous icecreams.
- Arakwal Welcome to Country at 9:30am.Entertainment from 10am to 2.30pm:
- Face painting by Donna Walker
- Children’s games
- Lighthouse tours
- Display by Northern Rivers Wildlife Carers ➢ Plastic free workshops by Plastic Free Byron
- Arakwal Aboriginal art workshops
- Meet and chat to a Ranger
- Music by local performer Bradley Stone
- Closing ceremony at 2.30pm.
For further information visit; www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au.