Need inspiration to get healthy? Quirky Cooking is visiting Byron Bay for a cooking demo and seminar from their new cookbook, Life-Changing Food! Jo Whitton and Fouad Kassab will be sharing their stories of healing using a gluten-free, whole food diet while explaining the basic foundations of this healthy dietary approach. This will be followed by a demo of six healing and nourishing recipes from Life-Changing Food. The recipes are demonstrated with a Thermomix and are entirely gluten-free. The book contains conventional methods for the recipes too.
Some of the topics covered:
- Gut health fundamentals
- Simple healing recipes with lots of flavour
- The benefits of fermented foods
- Good fats, bad fats
- Weight loss and weight gain without calorie counting
- Recovering from chronic illness
- Improving mental and behavioural conditions with food
- Feeding fussy children
- Making life in the kitchen easy again
- and much more
Recipes (subject to change):
- The Best Gluten-Free Bread Ever!
- Apple Cinnamon Nut Porridge
- Prawn & Sunflower Seed Paella
- Chilli Bowl
- Life-Changing Hummus (with tasting)
- Nutty Chocolate (with tasting)
- Buckwheat Crackers (tasting only)
- Event starts at 7pm sharp – please arrive 15 or 20 minutes early if possible.
- All dishes are gluten and dairy free.
- Dishes contain nuts.
- Please make sure you’ve eaten before the seminar as only tastings are provided.
- Bring your drink bottle if you’re trying to avoid tap water.
- Please note that this is a 3 hour seminar with a short break in the middle. Depending on audience interaction and cooking times, the event can run over by 15-20 minutes. We have so much to share with you!
- Please bring your copy of Life-Changing Food for signing. If you don’t have a copy, you can purchase the ticket and cookbook special offer. A limited number of cookbooks will also be available for sale at $60 at the seminar.