The Old & Gold Festival is back in Brunswick Heads and celebrating its 11th year. If you’re into collectables, antiques or anything secondhand or just on the lookout for a great bargain, the Old and Gold Festival in Brunswick Heads on Saturday the 9th June is for you!
Find a bargain in the much loved All Town Garage Sale, where over 60 households will part with their pre-loved treasure.
Three fairs will also be held in various locations around town
- Collectibles Fair at the Memorial Hall
- Ye Olde Church Garden Fair with clothes and bric-a-brac
- School Bric a Brac and Toy Fair
Plus there will be two big secondhand Book Fairs
- at the Brunswick Visitor Centre all day
- at the Library 9-12 (but only if fine)
About 20 activities in the theme will supplement the garages sales and fairs, making it a great day out for all ages, including:
- Historical Society displays
- Collections of old bikes and army tank
- Recycled bikes for sale
- Australian Singles Marbles Championships and school teams challenge 10-1
- Bush poetry by “The Mullumbimy Bloke” Ray Essery
- Free face painting
- Free kid’s Funky Junk recycled craft activities
- 1970’s tie dye workshops
- Fire station open day with Bernie Cinders
- Free Senior’s morning tea & singalong at the Catholic Church
- Free live music @ Supemarket, outside the Memorial Hall & at various cafes
- Community fundraising BBQs and cake stalls
- And lots more – it’s well worth staying for the weekend.
The festival starts at 8am and goes until 3-4pm. Most shops on the Secondhand Trail are open on Sunday ad Monday also.
Visit www.oldngold.com.au for more information.