Here’s an excerpt from my Byron Bay Fact Sheet which you can download as a PDF.
Transportation to Byron Bay
- By Car : Byron Bay is just off the Pacific Highway 166km South of Brisbane / 772km North of Sydney.
- By Bus : There is a bus stop (station) on Jonson St.
- By Train : The train from Sydney goes to Casino, then a bus to Byron Bay.
- By Plane : Ballina Byron Gateway Airport is 37km South of Byron Bay, Gold Coast Airport is 68km North of Byron Bay.
Accommodation in Byron Bay
There is a wide variety of accommodation choices in Byron Bay with price based on style, season & location. Summer & Festivals are peak rates, winter is off-peak. As a guide;
- Beach Houses : $3,000 – $7,500 per week.
- Holiday Houses : from $1,500 per week.
- Apartments : $1,000 – $3,000 per week
- Resorts : $1,000 – $3,000 per week.
- Hotel / Motel : from $150 per night.
- B&B / Guesthouse : $140 – $475 per double per night.
Visit : Byron Bay Accommodation PTY LTD for further information.